On episode 63 I talk with Brendon Kensel, CEO and Founder of PrimaHealth Credit. PrimaHealth Credit is a fintech company that’s working to democratize access to healthcare by improving financing options available to patients.
Healthcare is one of the top reasons why people go bankrupt. People do not always understand the terms they agree to take on, and providers typically hide fees within these plans.
PrimaHealth Credit aims to solve this issue by making healthcare financing simple and straightforward. Brendan comes from the dental industry and has first-hand knowledge of the issues patients face.
Brendon and I discuss the simplicity of their model, what procedures are covered through their platform, the complicated world of insurance, bank partners, how they approve close to 90 percent of borrowers, raising capital, and a whole lot more.
Without further ado, I present Brendon Kensel, CEO and Founder of PrimaHealth Credit. I hope you enjoy the episode and be prepared to learn:
- Brendon’s journey to PrimaHealth Credit
- What it’s like to produce 50-plus rodeos
- The inequities in healthcare
- The problems with patient financing
- How to move beyond the prime plus borrower
- Lesson’s learned from his time in the dental industry
- Bank partnerships
- How PrimaHealth is able to approve 89 percent of borrowers
- “Business plans typically don’t survive contact with reality”
- Recommended reading: Amp It Up by Snowflake CEO Frank Slootman
- Raising Capital
- And much more…
Download a PDF transcription of No. 63 Brendon Kensel