On episode 60 I talk with Carlos Antequera, Founder & CEO of Novel Capital.
Novel Capital provides software entrepreneurs with non-dilutive capital and resources to accelerate growth. Non-dilutive is the key term as many entrepreneurs focus on traditional loans from banks or venture capital, which can come with various terms.
Founders, especially first-time founders can get caught in the echo chamber of Silicon Valley. We need to raise capital from this big-time fund or that big-time fund. The reality is founders need to raise money that best suits their business and their situation.
Carlos and I discussed his journey to Novel Capital, the challenges founders face trying to raise capital, resources beyond capital to help a company’s growth trajectory, the potential impact a recession might have on capital sources, and much more.
Without further ado, I present Carlos Antequera, Founder & CEO of Novel Capital. I hope you enjoy the episode and be prepared to learn about:
- Carlos’s journey to Novel Capital
- Why the bank fired Carlos as a customer
- Lessons he learned from his time as an Angel Investor
- Why do founders focus so much on traditional debt and equity capital
- The importance of advice and services alongside capital
- The potential impact of the looming recession
- How challenging it is to change the capital mindset of entrepreneurs
- Resist the easy path
- Recommended reading: The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- Raising Capital
- And much more…