On episode 57, I talk with Chris Aguas of CoreChain Technologies. CoreChain is the only network built for scale and security on enterprise blockchain to streamline the exchange of B2B payments transaction data and funds.
The B2B payments space still uses paper checks; 60 percent of B2B payments are done via paper checks.
Chris and I discuss the issues behind B2B payments and why moving to a blockchain-based system would unlock more value for companies and B2B payments networks.
We also discuss current market conditions in crypto, fears that companies have when moving to a blockchain-based payments network, misconceptions around blockchain technology, raising capital, and much more.
I hope you all enjoy the show and be prepared to learn:
- Chris’s journey to CoreChain Technologies
- Why 60 percent of B2B payments are still done via paper checks
- The impact of the Crypto Winter and why it’s necessary for the long-term health of the market
- Why the conversation about blockchain needs to be separated from Crypto
- How CoreChain struggles when using the word blockchain in marketing materials
- The importance of regulatory clarity
- The Gartner Hype Cycle & crypto
- Easy button easy
- How CoreChain embeds payment functionality
- The blockchain education gap
- The all-consuming nature of raising capital
- Recommended reading: Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- And much more…