On episode 51, I talk with Henry Yoshida of Rocket Dollar. Rocket Dollar makes it easy to unlock retirement savings and helps everyone access savings to follow their dreams.
Through Rocket Dollar, savings can be used to fund a start-up, as a small business loan, peer-to-peer lending, buy real estate, and invest in cryptocurrency.
Alternative assets have skyrocketed in the last few years, with the previous 18 months seeing more significant interest than ever before.
Henry and I discuss some of the driving factors behind the alt boom, the definition of alternative investments, the language used to describe the accounts, why a simple fee structure works for the customers, raising capital, and a whole lot more.
So without further ado, I present Henry Yoshida of Rocket Dollar. I hope you all enjoy the show and be prepared to learn:
- Henry’s journey to Rocket Dollar
- Why Henry likes having Dollar in company names
- Lessons from his days at Merrill Lynch
- The definition of alternative assets
- How Rocket Dollar works with different partners
- The simplicity of subscriptions
- The education gap that exists with retirement accounts
- Why calling them retirement accounts is wrong
- The key drivers behind alt boom
- The risky nature, or not, of alts
- The growth of crypto and why it surpassed the alt definition
- Recommended reading: The Sovereign Individual by James Dale Davidson
- And much more…