On episode 49, I talk with Urvashi Barooah of Redpoint Ventures. Redpoint partners with exceptional entrepreneurs starting at the earliest stages of the climb. They invest across consumer and enterprise and have partnered with thousands of entrepreneurs over the past two decades.
Redpoint has backed some of the biggest fintechs globally, including Stripe, Nubank, Ramp, and others.
When looking at their portfolio and talking with Urvashi, you find infrastructure is a common theme for the firm within fintech and Web3. We take a deep dive into why they find so much value in the space and how much improvement is still needed.
We also talk about how much has changed in the last few years, the broader Web3 trends, valuations, raising capital, and a whole lot more.
So without further ado, I present Urvashi Barooah of Redpoint Ventures. I hope you all enjoy the show and be prepared to learn:
- Urvashi’s journey to Redpoint Ventures
- Redpoint’s investment thesis
- Why she chose the investment path versus the founder path
- Redpoint’s hands-on in their approach with founders
- The decision to invest in the crypto and Web3 market
- Why infrastructure is so exciting in fintech and Web3
- Stablecoins as an alternative means of payment
- Why we need more Web2.5 today
- How the pandemic could reshape the payments market
- Crypto can help push the financial inclusion trend further
- There is no substitute for talking with founders
- Early-stage investing has yet to see a correction
- Recommended reading: Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson, Ride of a Lifetime by Bob Iger, and Shoe Dog by Phil Knight.
- And much more…
Download a PDF transcription of No. 49 Urvashi Barooah