On episode 48, I talk with Adam Nash of Daffy. Daffy’s mission is to help people be more generous more often.
When talking to Adam, you can tell this is beyond just a company for him. He has a passion for giving. While giving has always been a part of society, the last decade has seen the space skyrocket in popularity.
Adam and I discussed his extensive background in technology and startups, the mentality of working for a charity versus a for-profit company, the top reasons people forget to give even though they intend to donate, and the technology that underpins Daffy, raising capital, and much more.
So without further ado, I present Adam Nash of Daffy. I hope you all enjoy the show and be prepared to learn:
- Adam’s journey to Daffy
- What is a donor-advised fund
- Why he chose to start a non-profit company
- The technology that underpins Daffy
- The most significant pain points in charitable giving
- The mindset of giving and why people forget
- Why the wallet is a game-changer in giving
- Adam underestimated the mission and impact of giving
- The first time he built a remote-first company
- The authenticity of the founder’s product fit
- Why now was the right time for investors
- Founders need to find the right type of investors for their company
- Advice for fellow founders: “You have to be in it for the long term.”
- Favorite writer: Isaac Asimov
- Last book read: The Power Law by Sebastian Mallaby
- And much more.
Download a PDF transcription of No. 48 Adam Nash