On episode 46 I talk with Aditya Rathod of The Canny Co.
The Canny Co ecosystem makes it easy for businesses and customers to save time and money. Their modular platform enables Fintechs to easily embed one or more of Canny’s products.
Embedded finance has quickly become one of the hottest areas in fintech, helping to provide seamless and simple products connecting banks, fintechs, and non-financial brands.
Aditya and I talked about how Canny works with their different clients and partners, where they fit within the technology stack, some of the biggest pain points in cross-border payments, and whether or not payments are becoming cheaper and fairer, the potential impact of web3 and much, much, more.
So without further ado, I present Aditya Rathod of The Canny Co. I hope you all enjoy the show and be prepared to learn:
- Aditya’s Founder Journey
- What he learned from his long tenure in banking
- The payments gap they are trying to address
- Why flexibility, usability, and security are so important
- What they mean by having Canny Choices
- 4 pain points in cross-border payments: price, transparency, speed, and access
- The average cost to send $200 is 6.4 percent
- Blockchain adoption will continue to bring down costs and increase transparency
- “When you are in a startup, it’s not a job, it’s a mission”
- Biggest lesson – be cautious in defining priorities
- Advice for fellow founders – don’t try to ride on two boats, go all in
- Favorite book: The Chimp Paradox by Prof. Steve Peters
- Latest book read: The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- He is very passionate about cricket
- And much more…
Download a PDF transcription of No. 46 Aditya Rathod