In episode 39 I talk with Don Muir of Arc. Arc is the full-service finance platform for SaaS, providing software startups with the customized financial products they deserve.
The process of raising money is quite arduous, there is a lot of time and energy that founders need to set aside in order to raise capital. Arc is aiming to solve part of this equation with their state-of-the-art finance platform.
Arc helps companies unlock future revenue without taking on risky debt or diluting their equity any further. Don and I talk about the biggest pain points for founders when fundraising, how Arc’s solution can be additive to VCs, Arc’s partnership with Stripe, how his experience as an investor is helping to shape Arc, raising capital, and a whole lot more.
So without further ado, I present Don Muir of Arc. I hope you all enjoy the show and be prepared to learn:
- Don’s journey to Arc
- Why entrepreneurship was always a passion
- The meaning behind the name Arc
- What Don and his Co-Founders learned from talking to hundreds of founders
- Why fundraising is so slow
- How they are additive to VCs and other types of lenders
- Why they are so excited about partnering with Stripe
- The Arc score takes into account more than 200 metrics
- Biggest lesson learned: “capital raising can be a really emotional decision”
- David Vélez of Nubank told them “ensure that there is no divide between the engineering and business teams”
- Favorite book: The Great Gatsby
- Last book read: Steve Jobs
- And much more