In episode 37 I talk with Christine Kenna of Ignia. Ignia invests in world-class tech entrepreneurs solving problems faced by the emerging middle class in Latin America.
This special episode was recorded at LendIt Fintech LatAm in Miami on December 7th, 2021.
Christine and I discussed investing in the emerging middle class. We covered Ignia’s investment thesis, what the middle class looks like today in LatAm and how the pandemic has impacted this growing segment of the population.
We also touched on entry points into fintech, how much in LatAm has changed in recent years, especially the shift in funding rounds, and what’s next for the hottest fintech region in the world.
So without further ado, Christine Kenna of Ignia. I hope you all enjoy the show and be prepared to learn about:
- Christine’s journey to Ignia
- Ignia’s investment thesis
- Types of companies Ignia invests in and why
- The current state of LatAm’s middle class
- Covid’s impact on LatAm’s middle class
- The state of fintech awareness in LatAm today
- The impact of fintech on people’s lives
- The best ways to increase access to fintech
- The best entry point into fintech
- How much the startup ecosystem has changed in recent years
- The evolution of funding rounds in LatAm
- The exit paths for startups
- What’s next for the region
- And much more…