In episode 34, I talk with Adriana Saman of Clocktower Technology Ventures. Clocktower Technology Ventures is the technology investing arm within Clocktower Group, a global macro investment firm based in Santa Monica, CA, and investing worldwide.
LatAm continues to be the hottest fintech market globally, and Clocktower is one of the leading VC firms investing in the market. So much has changed in recent years, with investment rounds continuing to skyrocket, unicorns going public in the U.S., and crypto beginning to take off.
I sat down with Adriana to talk about Clocktower’s focus in the region, how the firm has managed its rapid change, its overall mission of investing in entrepreneurs that help make financial services more impactful, and what’s coming next for this rapidly evolving ecosystem.
Quick programming note, we recorded this interview before LendIt Fintech LatAm, in case you hear reference to the event during our discussion.
So without further ado, Adriana Saman of Clocktower Technology Ventures. I hope you all enjoy the show and be prepared to learn about:
- Adriana’s journey to Clocktower Technology Ventures
- Why she fell in love with fintech and financial inclusion
- Clocktower’s mandate to never lead rounds or take board seats
- What investment ideas are hot right now in LatAm fintech
- Differences between the U.S. and LatAm embedded finance trends
- How LatAm banks can leverage fintech to better serve customers
- How talent is rapidly changing in LatAm
- The multiple fundraising phenomenons taking place
- The dangers of weaponizing capital
- Why payments infrastructure is so exciting
- Founders need to know their numbers, it’s unacceptable to not know your economics
- Adriana recommends reading The Shadow of the Wind
- Inspired by people who are not afraid to speak up and pursue their passions
- And much more…