On episode 24 I talk with Carl-Alain Memnon of Grain. Grain is the Digital Credit Card for Everyone, they provide a line of credit based on your cash flow, not your credit score.
That is one of the most interesting things about the company, they don’t use credit scores to extend credit. Grain uses your cash flow to understand your credit profile and extends a line of credit based on that.
Carl and I dig deep into the current credit system, the state of financial wellness, where the concept of Grain came from, and a whole lot more. I hope you enjoy the show.
In this podcast you will learn:
- Carl’s founder story
- Growing up in Haiti with co-founder Christian
- The systematic generational wealth problem
- Challenges of getting credit until making it to law school
- The dual meaning of the name Grain
- How Grain is the alternative to traditional credit card, without issuing a credit card
- The practicality of using the revolving line of credit
- Why community banks align with the values of Grain
- The concept of credit and why the system needs to be changed
- Carl recommends reading The Great Gatsby and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
- And more…
This episode was sponsored by Zendesk, a service-first CRM company that builds software designed to improve customer relationships. Qualifying startups get Zendesk free for 6 months.