On episode 23 I talk with Tolga Tezel of Canopy Connect.
Canopy Connect is building the infrastructure that powers best-in-class insurance experiences. They empower consumers to gain value and convenience from their own data and enable businesses to securely and quickly support their customers.
Canopy Connect is making the process of sharing your insurance data so much simpler and more efficient, you no longer have to fumble around for a VIN number or insurance papers. Tolga and I discuss how far insurance is behind as compared to fintech, the importance of consumer permissions data, raising capital, and a whole lot more. I hope you enjoy the show.
In this podcast you will learn:
- Tolga’s founder story
- What he learned from his time at Nova Credit
- The importance of consumer permissioned data
- How the benefits of Canopy Connect extend to both the consumer and insurance agent
- The importance of the work done by Plaid, Finicity and Yodlee
- Data sharing is now normalized for consumers
- Insurance could be 5 – 10 years behind fintech with innovation
- He is a casual Warriors and Raptors fan
- Tolga recommends reading Never Split the Difference and Sphere
- And more…
This episode was sponsored by Zendesk, a service-first CRM company that builds software designed to improve customer relationships. Qualifying startups get Zendesk free for 6 months.