In episode 18 of PitchIt: the fintech startups podcast we talk with Berbix Co-Founder Eric Levine.
This was a special live episode, we recorded in front of a virtual audience. Berbix instantly and accurately validates photo IDs, driver licenses, and passports. Instantly is the key word there, they do it in real-time to help ensure the user experience is smooth and someone is not forced to restart the onboarding process.
Eric and I discuss how the last 18 months have impacted fraud, the complicated nature of IDs from different states, countries, synthetic identity fraud, raising capital, and a whole lot more. I hope you enjoy the show.
In this podcast you will learn:
- Eric’s founder story
- The funny origin of the name Berbix
- Lessons learned from Airbnb
- The complicated process of verifying IDs
- How Berbix verifies ID’s in real-time
- The impact of Covid on fraud
- The growing problem of synthetic identity fraud
- How to balance user experience & friction
- The differences between malicious, opportunistic and accidental fraudsters
- The path to digital identities
- Eric recommends Love in the Time of Cholera and Children of Dune
- And more…
Download a PDF transcription of Podcast No. 18 Eric LevineClick to Read Podcast Transcription (Full-Text Version) Below
You can subscribe to the PitchIt: the fintech startups podcast via Apple or Spotify. To listen to this podcast episode there is an audio player directly below or you can download the MP3 file here.
Podcast (pitchit): Play in new window | Download | Embed